Self Defense Workshops
We are always looking for ways to bring you interesting and exciting self defense workshops. These workshops range from hand-to-hand self defense (e.g., bearhugs, headlocks, chokes) to defenses against attacks with weapons (e.g., handguns, knives, blunt objects). We bring these techniques to you in a scenario-based training environment, and include real-world attacker profiles so you can get the most out of your training. We show you the options that are available to you and include the physical, mental and emotional skills needed to defend against attacks.
Stay tuned for 2013 workshop announcements!
Past Workshop Topics:
- Saturday, June 23, 2012 | 2:00-5:00 | Defenses Against Attacks on the Ground
- Join senior instructors Sara Salam and Tufan Karayel for this important workshop to learn defensive tactics against attacks on the ground. You will learn self defenses that will apply to a variety of scenarios from bullying assaults to sexual assault, and in a range of environments from street-level violence to home invasion. Open to men and women 18 and older, this workshop will give you the tools and tactics to defend against any ground fighting-assault situation. You will come away from this comprehensive training knowing how to defend from the ground, get back to your feet, escape to safety, and bring yourself back to balance. This is training you do not want to miss!
- Saturday, August 11, 2012 | 2:00-5:00 | Blunt Objects and Impact Weapons Defenses
- Do not miss this exciting 3-hour workshop that will teach you core skills in defending against attacks from blunt object and impact weapon assaults. Combining tactics from Krav Maga, Kali (Filipino Martial Arts), and other modalities, this workshop will train you to defend against attacks from sticks, baseball bats, bricks, bottles, and other potential blunt-force weapons. Your self-defense arsenal will be further enhanced by teaching you how to skillfully utilize impact weapons for your own personal protection. At the end of this workshop, you will know how to use your hands, elbows, fists, knees, and everyday objects to defend against armed and unarmed attackers. From empty, “bare-hand” defense tactics to utilizing impact weapons and improvised shields, you will leave armed with a powerful base of self defense options against blunt-force weapons. In addition to the physical components of defending against armed assaults, this workshop will also addresses some of the mental and emotional factors relevant to weapons-based attack scenarios, including self-care tools that are unique to Luminous Warrior training. Giving you the tools you need to defend, react, and get home safe and whole. This workshop is available to all levels of skill and experience.
- Saturday, October 20, 2012 | 2:00-5:00 | Travel Safety Workshop
- Whether you travel nationally or internationally, commute by metro, car, or other means, this is a workshop that teaches you practical ways to better prepare for your travel, reduce the risk of an assault, and gives you critical skills to increase your safety. This workshops covers the spectrum from awarenss and risk reduction techniques to verbal deescalation and distraction tactics, as well as useful things to have in your bag as you travel, commute or otherwise go to and from potentially dangerous locations. This workshop is available to all levels of skill and experience. Read more and register here.
Register in our MindBody Online Calendar!
Subscribe to our Google Event calendar to get instant notifications.